– Weston Estate –
Retreat, Spa, Communal Living,
Corporate Getaway, or Private Residence
Ivor Weston, grandson of American photographer Edward Weston, began construction his vision in 1979. Blending exquisite elements of nature and design he created an architectural sanctuary for relaxation, restoration, and healing.
- 6 acres located at 3000 ft. elevation in the foothills of Mt. Lassen
- 3-bed / 2-bath main house
- 2-bed / 1 bath unit (no kitchen)
- Studio apartment
- Office building
- 2-bed / 1-bath Caretaker’s unit with laundry
- Watsu pool with lap lane
- Redwood decks and balconies
- Superior water from mountain well
- 3 kilowatt generator
- Prime solar potential
- Spectacular panoramic views
- Mild four-season climate with clean mountain air
- Designated wilderness area
- Lassen Volcanic National Park
- World class fly fishing
- Wild Horse Sanctuary
- Exclusive, quiet, peaceful
- 6.1 acres of oak, pine, and cedar. Elevation 3232 ft.
- Panoramic views of the upper Sacramento Valley
- In-ground heated pool designed for Watsu water therapy
with lap-pool extension, foot bridge, and hot tub. 15,000 gal.
- Mature landscaping featuring perennial and vegetable gardens,
ornamentals, and fruit trees
- Southern exposure ideal for gardening
- Moderate four-season climate with light snow in winter
- Main building: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen, dining room,
living room, laundry. 1800 s.f.
- West building (constructed 1992): 1st floor – 2 bedrooms, 1 bath.
2nd floor – Studio w/kitchenette. 1300 s.f.
- Bedrooms in main and west buildings feature natural light with views,
wood stoves, vaulted ceilings, balconies, wet bars, private entrances
- North building: 2 rooms, 1 bath, living room with kitchen/dining area,
and laundry room. 920 s.f.
- Maintenance shed – 140 s.f.
- Separate office studio – 180 s.f.
- One fenced acre with tack and feed shed suitable for horses
- Current use permit to operate as a Bed and Breakfast in Shasta county
- Utilities: electric, propane, and excellent well water
- 300 ft. private well with current well and water analysis (26 gpm)
- 3K propane generator for alternate electricity
- A+ solar and wind energy site potential
- 90 ft. tower with vault for private communications network
- Located 1.2 miles off highway, offering peace and quiet
- Easy access via private driveway